Journal of Animal Behaviour and Biometeorology (ISSN 2318-1265) is an international peer-reviewed open-access journal devoted to publishing papers about Animal Biometeorology, Animal Behaviour and Animal Welfare, published quarterly online by Malque Publishing.
High Visibility: indexed by the Web of Science (ESCI), Scopus and SCImago Journal Rank, CAB international, Google Scholar, AGRIS, ASFA, Latindex, among others. Currently is under evaluation for Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE, Web of Science).
Rapid Publication: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 17-25 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 3-5 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2021).
Open Access free for readers, with Article Processing Charge (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
Acceptance rate (first half 2021): 32%
Effects of an injectable mineral supplement on physiological responses and milk production of heat-stressed Holstein cows
Andrea Dahnae Del Río-Avilés, Abelardo Correa-Calderón, Leonel Avendaño-Reyes, Ulises Macías-Cruz, Miguel Angel Sánchez-Castro, Milton Glenn Thomas, Richard Mark Enns, Scott Eugene Speidel, Ricardo Zamorano-Algandar, José Clemente Leyva-Corona, Carolina García-Benitez, Pablo Luna-Nevárez
Available online: September 20, 2021
Elevated temperature-humidity index induces physiological, blood and milk alterations in Holstein cows in a more pronounced manner than in ½ and ¾ Holstein × Gir
Marcelo Tempel Stumpf, Giovani Jacob Kolling, Vivian Fischer, Darlene dos Santos Daltro, Evelyn Priscila Munchen Alfonzo, Vanessa Calderaro Dalcin, Laila Talarico Dias, Marcos Vinicius Gualberto Barbosa da Silva, Vanessa Peripolli, Concepta Margaret McManus
Available online: September 10, 2021
Behavior of horses kept in different types of stalls in the semiarid region of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Maria Dulcinéia da Costa, Cinara da Cunha Siqueira Carvalho, Wemerson Fábio Gomes Ribas, Virgílio Mesquita Gomes, Alvimara Felix dos Reis, Sara Guedes de Paula, Vicente Ribeiro Rocha Junior, Ricardo Rodielle Rodrigues Gomes, Flávio Pinto Monção
Available online: September 5, 2021
Most cited articles
1. Infrared thermal image for assessing animal health and welfare 49 citations (Nääs et al. 2014)
2. Physiological adaptability of livestock to heat stress: an updated review 30 citations (Rashamol et al. 2018)
3. Effects of human-animal relationship on animal productivity and welfare 24 citations (Mota-Rojas et al. 2020)
4. Use of infrared thermography in veterinary medicine and animal production 23 citations (Roberto and Souza 2014)
5. Thermal gradients and physiological responses of goats in the Brazilian semi-arid using thermography infrared 20 citations (Roberto et al. 2014)
. ... among others